from our chocolate recipe collection
Recipe by: Chocolat Weiss Laboratory
From: Chocolat Weiss
- 400g pâte de noisette (hazelnut paste - think peanut butter but made of hazelnuts)
- 100g praliné gourmand noisette (hazelnut praline - carmelized hazelnuts ground into a powder)
- 300g 70% semisweet chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- 140g de feuilletine (crushed wafers used to add crunchiness - substitute dry cereal or vanilla wafers finely crushed)
- 300g sugar
- 600g crème fleurette** or whipping cream
- 60g sweetener (sorbitol)
- 600g 65% semisweet chocolate
- 400g milk chocolates
- 150g butter softened
- 450g bittersweet chocolate for coating
Prepare the Croustillant
Melt the chocolates. Add the hazelnut paste and praline. Temper at 32°C then add the feuilletine. Pour into a frame or pan to harden
Prepare the ganache caramel
Caramelize the sorbitol and add the sugar. Reduce the temperature with the cream and pour onto the melted chocolates. Homogenize using a food processor.
Temper at 28°C and add the softened butter. Pour onto the croustillant in the pan or frame. Cut into 21 x 28 mm rectangles. Coat with bittersweet chocolate.
To obtain an ideal ganache texture it is recommended to use a food processor.
It is better to first melt the sorbitol alone then add the sugar for making your caramel.
** NOTE : Crème fleurette is a lighter, more liquid version of crème fraîche