from our chocolate recipe collection
Recipe by: E Guittard Chocolates
From: E Guittard
Rich, dark chocolate truffles with a hint of raspberry flavor
Yield: 20 one-inch truffles
- 1 cup (6 ounces) GUITTARD SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (for coating truffles)
Combine all ingredients except cocoa powder in top of double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Chill at least 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
Form into one-inch balls, using a scoop or teaspoon. Roll in cocoa until coated; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Microwave instructions: Combine all ingredients except unsweetened cocoa powder in small microproof bowl. Heat at medium power (50% or level 5) for 2-3 minutes, stirring well after each minute initially, then at 30-second intervals until mixture is smooth. Proceed as directed above.